Put A Ring On It: The Wedding Planning Podcast
Our Favorite Tips for a Healthy Marriage
We stuck our toes slightly outside of our lane in this episode. But, here’s the thing: Our goal is to give you the tools to plan a wedding that feels really good to you. But in all reality, we want to set you up for a happy, healthy marriage. This episode includes some of our favorite bits of “marriage advice” we’ve heard and why it matters. Grab your partner, snuggle up, and give this one a listen.
We talked about:
- There’s no such thing as “the perfect marriage”, but the goal is a “healthy” marriage
- Why we don’t necessarily agree with the common advice of “Don’t go to bed angry”
- What lawn care has to do with a good relationship
- The importance of love languages AND the languages of apology
- The reason why we have two ears and one mouth
- What’s more important: being kind or being right?
- “The River Jordan Concept”
- Creating a path back to one another
- The idea of “50/50”
- Sex (Don’t worry, we’ll give you a heads up if you’ve got young ears listening in, but we kept it short and PG-13)
- The importance of communication
For links mentioned and additional information, visit the Put A Ring On It podcast website.
Join our "Ringer Club" to gain further access, get your questions answered, laugh at our behind-the-scenes shenanigans, and get an exclusive invite to our monthly hangouts.